Friday, September 26, 2008

You're one in a million Cesc!

Our beloved midfield maestro Cesc Fabregas has vowed that, he will never, never, NEVER EVER quit The Arsenal. Whilst talking to The Sun, the king of Arsenal had this to say:

“I am so happy here that I will never think about moving as long as things keep going the way they are. For me it’s not a problem. My mentality is the same since the day I signed for the club.”

“What’s the point in having millions and millions in the bank if you don’t enjoy playing and you are not happy? I am happy, I love the way we are playing and the fact I’m still here after three seasons’s without winning anything means something.”

“It’s because I love the game, I love the club and I love the way we play football. I really enjoy the way we play on the field and for me, that’s the most important thing.”

An obvious jab was taken at all the footballers who had prioritized money before anything and very openly stated that money wasn’t everything in the world. Footballers such as Cesc don’t come by that very often anymore and I must say I am extremely pleased to hear someone not bleating about money for a change. He is a sublime player and an excellent individual. A perfect role-model for everyone out there who is in need of one.

Cesc also claimed he was “Sleepless in London” because of the up and coming kids at the club. The king even said that he needed to raise his game in light of the snazzy displays by Wilshire, Ramsey & Merida against Sheffield United. He said:

“I was really excited on Tuesday — it was sensational. You can see all the players have ambition; they want to show how good they are. I cannot go to sleep as one day or other they will want to play more and more and the manager will want them to play more.

“I will have to be better and better. Wilshere, Ramsey, Merida — they all play in my position. This is great for me. I love competition. If the players are so young you can feel your place is too secure. So it’s fantastic to have competition — to wake you up and make you a better player.”

For someone as established as Cesc is, for someone as talented as he, for him to be actually talking about how important it was to up his game and make sure he deserved his place in the Arsenal side is truly remarkable. With the truly altruistic way that he has complimented these players, it too shows how down to earth he is and how much he has Arsenal in his heart.

Cesc also spoke about the lack of trophies at The Arsenal and how it didn't bother him so much. He had this to say:

“People can say ‘They will never win’ but it’s not in my mind. I’ll never think we won’t win anything. But sometimes when you feel so good during the game and play the game you enjoy so much, even if you haven’t won anything in the last three seasons, I have felt so good, so free. I enjoy it so much.

“Of course you want to win but when you have this recompense inside that you are playing so well maybe it’s much better than to be in another team that wins trophies but you don’t enjoy it so much.”

He really has the maturity of a 60 year old and it’s just amazing to see a player of his kind. He has all the makings of an Arsenal legend that will fall in a category even higher than that of Dennis Bergkamp or even Thierry Henry. Come on Arsene, make him captain. Make him le captain right now.

We all remember how much criticism le boss faced when the transfer window closed without any player arriving into the club. Football “pundits” as usual wrote us off completely and yet again tipped this year to the year that sp*rs will win all major trohpy’s around the world. Yes, they will win the Bundesliga, the Primera Liga, The Premiership, the Euro Cup, The Champions League, The World Cup and “Go fuck yourselves” award for being the shittiest lot of rejects in the world. Now however, with us being top of the League, Sp*rs being 20th and the children having just hammered Sheffield United in the Carling Cup, the issue all but disappeared.

The pundits are nowhere to be found and Arsene Wenger now finally explains why he did not add to the squad. According to the boss it was last term’s improvement, coupled with the youngsters rapidly rising through the ranks, that helped convince him that a signing was not the order of the day. The genius said:

“I believe we have many good players here and we try to sort out any problems collectively as a team. We lost some top-class players in the summer but we always try to produce good young players and develop them. I always feel with the youth policy, the Club has a security and even if one or two players leave, we are strong enough to cope with it.”

The boss also spoke about going that extra mile this time around to show everyone that we had truly learnt from our mistakes.

“Having been in that position before, our determination not to lose our advantage is certainly greater than ever. We experienced a big frustration last season and, in a highly-competitive league, we want to stay where we are. We were very close last year and it will be close again. We want to show we have learned.”

I have to admit, after patiently watching the boss creating this monster, it would be truly fucking sweet to see these young lads lifting a trophy or two. I swear, would it not be fun seeing Le Boss having the last laugh? I can’t wait. I honestly believe it is coming, we were so close last time around, we could only possibly build on a great season much like what United did last time around. I really can’t wait.

It seems that those utterly despicable cunts, namely Inter Milan are now trying to get their grubby little hands on Jack Wilshire. The only thing I have to say to this is, go fuck yourselves Milan!
Finally for some team news ahead of our clash tomorrow against Hull. As reported in yesterday’s blog, the squad remains unchanged to that which beat Bolton a week before, the only addition to that is of Silvestre. Samir Nasri is still sidelined and I’m really becoming convinced our left hand side of the midfield has been jinxed since the departure of Robert Pires to Villarreal.

Right then, that’s the lot!

Come on you Gunnersssssssssssss!!!!

2 comments:

The Goon said...

Cesc is a legend! end of.

anyone who disagrees will be 'pushin up daffodils' ;)

The Goon said...

he is in a league of his own!

and he can still improve!

the next few years are going to be very interesting to say the least!

Ermmm not really, like the odd ballad from time to time but more of an R&B guy im afraid!

Hail Gunners Community Arsenal News British Blogs The Soccerlinks Hit List TopOfBlogs

Subscribe in a reader