Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back on Track!

Hello all,


Everyone must be doing quite well today following the rather emphatic victory over FC Twente last night which ensures our 11th successive season in Europe’s elite competition . I admit, most cynics would point out its only FC Twente, but I'd like to point out that Twente must have some quality to be in this stage in the first place and secondly, the victory will do our confidence no end of good (remember the 7-0 thumping where everyone was scoring for fun and look how that turned out the rest of the season). So yes, I'm wearing my Arsenal shirt & my Arsenal Cap and as you can see in the picture below, I have a huge smile plastered all over my face.
As for the match, well judging from what I saw and what I read (both on other blogs as well as my friends via text) we played some sublime football and the instant difference with a team with and without cesc fabregas was apparent. I'm sure you all have probably already the match reports elsewhere but for the sake of it, I will now give you a brief of the game as well, here goes:


New boy Nasri (isn't he looking really really good?) settled any lingering nerves with a sparking solo goal in the 26th minute. Gallas scored the second of the night just after half-time. Theo-rry steered in classy third just past the hour mark and finally Bendtner tapped home a fourth towards the end.


Good stuff all around, lets hope we get a reprise of this as often as possible over the course of the season. Anyways, I was on Arsenal.com and I saw this picture of Gallas', If anyone also notices something wrong with it, well then you aren't alone


Heh!

Anyways, moving on, it seems Arsenal are now close to landing the signatures for for 20 year old Jonathan de Guzman. He's a midfielder in the mould of Hargreaves and could even be the next vieira (how many times have we heard this before?) Anyhow he had this to say:

“My dream clubs are Arsenal and Barcelona. If clubs of that stature are interested in you then you cannot say no. I’m certainly open to interest from Arsenal and from what I hear Feyenoord are happy to hear from them as well.”

We all the know the dire need for a midfield signing and no matter how much I stress the importance it still isn't enough. Although if we could also snap up Xabi Alonso somehow *drools*

In other umm news, Gael Clichy does not remember his first kiss. I have no idea how this could be treated as news but according to posts, we the non footballers are the purists and they are womanizing scum. Hmmm, I wonder how fortune, fame and all that would somehow not allow women to be attracted to them.

Okay, Okay, I ought to stop now, The Champions League qualifying draw is less than 2 hours away now. We're seeded 5th in Pot 1.

Newcastle on Saturday!

Come on you Gunnnnneeerrrsssss!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COME ON U GUNNERS!GET IN THERE!

Gooner14 said...

here's hoping for it! :D

Hail Gunners Community Arsenal News British Blogs The Soccerlinks Hit List TopOfBlogs

Subscribe in a reader